Let’s have a Quota Hunt party! Hunting alone is fun but hunting with friends can be even better. For many hunts, you may add group members.
New to Quota Hunts? A Quota Hunt is a managed hunt that allows a set number of hunters to participate. A quota is placed on a hunt to protect natural resources (wildlife and their habitats), provide a high-quality hunting experience and maintain a high level of safety. Learn more about Quota Hunts at A Quest to Quota.
Before we dive into the guide, let’s cover some terms you might see:
Party leader: The applicant that creates the party will be designated as the party leader and will select the hunt choices for the entire party. Party leaders will be assigned a party number to share with additional applicants (party members). Party members will be unable to edit a party leader’s selection.
What is a Group Quota Hunt Application?
Group applications are treated like individual applications, but all persons in the group are selected or not selected for a hunt. The maximum number of priority points that can be wagered for the group is determined by the group member with the lowest points available. For example: You and a friend apply for a Quota Hunt together. You have 4 points and they 1. You’ll be drawn based off of your friends points. Either both of you will be drawn for the hunt or neither or you.
For some hunts, persons selected may bring up to a certain number of hunters with them on the hunt without a group application. The video below explains the difference between applying as a party and hunting as a party.
How to Put in for a Group Quota Hunt:
- Applying for a Group Quota Hunt begins the same way as putting in an Individual application. Start by visiting https://www.gooutdoorsgeorgia.com/ and clicking “Go to Site” below Quota Hunts.
2. Log into or create a Georgia DNR customer account.
3. Once you’re logged in, click “Apply for Quota Hunt.”
4. A list of Quota Hunt categories will appear. You’ll also be able to see the application deadline and a short description of the hunt. Select “Add to Cart” for the species you want to apply for. (Note: Quota Hunts are free to apply for and you will not be charged!)
5. Select “Create a Party” to create a new group application. Only select this option if someone in your group hasn’t already created a party. When you create a party you are the party leader. If someone has already created a group and been assigned a party number, select “Join a Party.” This guide will walk you through how to Join A Party.
6. Now you’ll see a list of Quota Hunts available for the species category selected. You can apply for up to 3 hunts. Click “Add Selected Hunt Choices” to select them.
7. Then, you’ll have the option to prioritize your selected hunts. Rank the hunt you really want at 1. Be sure to only apply for hunt dates you can participate in. Quota Hunts are non-transferrable.
8. Once you’ve ranked your selections, click “Continue Application.”
9. Now you can start adding members to your party. Using their GADNR Customer ID number is the best way to find the person you want to add, but you can also search by name. After you enter in the required search information, click “Find Applicant.”
10. When you’ve found who you want to add, click “Select Customer” to add the hunter to the party. Their name will now show beneath yours at the top of the page. Now click “Continue Application.”
11. You should now see a summary of your Quota Hunt application. If everything looks good, select “Submit” to finish your application. You can also select “Add to Cart & Continue Shopping” and repeat the previous steps if you wish to apply for other Quota Hunts.
12. After you’ve submitted the application, you’ll see a “Checkout Complete” receipt. Your party number will be listed in green on the top left of the page. This is the number you want to give to hunters you want to invite to your Quota Hunt party. You’ll also receive an email with your Application Confirmation that includes the party number. It may take 24 hours to receive, so don’t worry if it doesn’t come through right away.
Additional Information: Make sure your email is current and correct to receive quota updates, confirmations or any notices about quota hunts. If you are unsure how to apply or want to check to see if you applied correctly, don’t wait, call 1.800.366.2661 to receive assistance.