The first of two adult/child hunts at Rum Creek WMA took place Dec. 10, where groups in attendance saw plenty of wood ducks, gadwalls, mallards and green winged teal.
Butler Island held its third quota hunt of the year on Dec. 10 as well. The hunt was recorded as the third best in the history of quota hunts on the island, with 76 hunters harvesting 263 ducks!
Here are some updates from additional quota hunts:
- FDR State Park, Quota Hunt (Dec. 6-7): 74 hunters harvested 8 bucks
- Blanton Creek WMA, Quota Hunt (Dec. 8-9): 53 hunters harvested 3 deer
- Paulks Pasture, Dog/Deer Quota Hunt (Dec. 9-10): 19 hunters harvested 7 deer and 2 hogs
- Griffin Ridge, Quota Hunt (Dec. 8-10): 45 hunters harvested 7 deer and 1 hog (last quota hunt of the season)
- Ossabaw Island Firearms Quota Hunt: 74 hunters harvested 36 deer and 29 hogs
Remember to visit our Flickr page to view photos from Georgia’s 2011 deer season by clicking HERE!