Did you get invited to Quota Hunt party? Need to know how to join the fun? This blog will cover how to join a hunting party when the application has been created by another hunter.
Before we dive into the guide, let’s cover some terms you might see and be confused by:
Party leader: The applicant that creates the party will be designated as the party leader and will select the hunt choices for the entire party. Party leaders will be assigned a party number to share with additional applicants (party members). Party members will be unable to edit a party leader’s selection.
How to Join an Existing Hunt Party
- To join an existing party, you’ll be asked for the party number. You’ll need to get this number from the person that created the group Quota Hunt application also known as “the party leader.” If they didn’t write it down somewhere, they can find it in the Application Confirmation email they received or by logging into their account and clicking the application link under category. The party number for the group hunt application will be on the left of the page.
2. Once you have the party number, go to https://www.gooutdoorsgeorgia.com/ and click “Go to Site” below Quota Hunts.
2. Log into or create a Georgia DNR customer account.
3. Once you’re logged in, click “Apply for Quota Hunt.”
4. A list of Quota Hunt categories will appear. You’ll also be able to see the application deadline and a short description of the hunt. Select “Add to Cart” for the species you want to apply for. (Note: Quota Hunts are free to apply for and you will not be charged!)
5. Select “Join A Party!”
2. Type in the party number and click “Continue Application.”
3. You’ll then be asked to confirm this is the party you’d like to join. Click “Yes” if it is. If not, click “Go Back” and make sure you have the correct party number.
4. Now you’ll be asked to confirm your application. Click “Add To Cart & Checkout” or, if you would like to apply for more quota hunts, select, “Add To Cart & Continue Shopping.”
5. Click “Submit” to make it official.
6. After you’ve submitted the application, you’ll see a “Checkout Complete” receipt. You’ll also receive an email with your Application Confirmation. It may take 24 hours to receive, so don’t worry if it doesn’t come through right away.
New to Quota Hunts? A Quota Hunt is a managed hunt that allows a set number of hunters to participate. A quota is placed on a hunt to protect natural resources (wildlife and their habitats), provide a high-quality hunting experience and maintain a high level of safety. Learn more about Quota Hunts our blog, A Quest to Quota.